Thursday 28 January 2021

IoT sensors and a new platform

 Time to start logging the work I am doing on a IoT sensor and platform...

I know that there are many, many options out there that cover some of what I am planing but in as I am an engineering type of person I thought I would give it a go

So here is my plan

  1. build a cheap weather proof sensor that will
    • run of a battery
    • solar charged
    • use WiFi for internet access
    • self register to the back end service
    • send updates at a configurable rate
    • automatically update in a secure way
  2. build a secure firmware release site
  3. build a web UI for visualisation of the sensor data
  4. use SSO from Face Book, Google etc. so that I don't need to manage accounts
  5. be able to share data with other users
  6. BONUS : export via MQTT
Number 1 & 2 are easy enough as I have been working on embedded hardware for the last 15 odd years. So I have those skills at least. 

For the rest, I have gotten to know NodeJS and VueJS. They are gelling the most with my brain and so I will be using them and in typical fashion, marrying together what ever I need from Open Source projects and new creations of mine

Should be a fun ride 😊

More info and access coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment