Monday, 10 September 2012
which was removed from a DVD laser burner and I must say its great to
now be marking out my wooden templates for my scale glider at 200mm/min.
The old one just didn't cut it (no pun intended) as it could just barely
make it to 40mm/min.
Marking out now looks like
The problem here is that there were small gaps in the CAD DXF file and
so the laser stopped and burnt holes :(
Once that was sorted I continued and now have the central wing done, all
800mm, and have the remaining 3.2m to go.
I have also done the body frame and feel that I can now do wicker work
Saturday, 1 September 2012
One of my work mates had a ROI that had no working USB or network. He sold.it to me for a small sum.
So when I got home I started to investigate and forms plenty of info on the net about bad joints on the 25Mhz crystal that drives the net/USB chip.
A quick touching with a soldering iron fixed the issue.
I so found that the old "A" series jumper is on the board so that you can just place a pair of solder.shorts and get back to having a single USB port to work with
Sunday, 12 August 2012
As i live in Australia and most of our emergencies cover vast distances I have decided to build a glider for the body and thus give the maximum air time for the recon work.
This has lead to me re-building my home made milling machine that was unable to handle the lateral forces of a rotating cutting head to now be a laser cutter/pattern maker. I have hacked a 2003 DVD burner into a laser assembly that I had from an old Varityper VT600 photo type setter. I find that this allows me to burn the balsa frames at ~60mm/min which makes for easier cutting.
Sunday, 13 May 2012
This took so work as my SVN repo is laed out as follows;
SVN / Project 1 / branches / tags / trunk / Project 2 / branches / tags / trunkSo how do you make buildbot "see" the change in a project and compile just that project? You use a file splitter.
In the master.cfg you place a file splitter like the following one
########## Custom file spliter def my_file_splitter(path): print "path " + path pieces = path.split('/') if pieces == 'trunk': branch = None pieces.pop(0) # remove 'trunk' elif pieces == 'branches': pieces.pop(0) # remove 'branches' # grab branch name branch = None projectname = None return elif pieces == 'RETIRED': branch = None projectname = None return else: branch = pieces.pop(0) projectname = pieces.pop(0) print branch print projectname return (branch, '/'.join(pieces))This splits the path to find where the change is and ignores any change but trunk.
This splitter is called by the Poller on the repo like like the following
SVNPoller( "svn://localhost/data/svn/arduino/" , cachepath="/tmp/arduino" , pollinterval=30 , split_file=my_file_splitter )Once this is all time it time to setup the build factory to use the properties of the splitter.
arduino = BuildFactory() arduino.addStep(ShellCommand(command=["pwd"],workdir= WithProperties("build/%s", 'branch'), usePTY=True)) arduino.addStep(ShellCommand(command=["rm","-fr",WithProperties("%s*", 'branch')],workdir="build/",usePTY=True)) arduino.addStep(ShellCommand(command=["svn", "co", WithProperties("svn://localhost/data/svn/arduino/%s" ,'branch') , Property('branch')],workdir="build/",usePTY=True)) arduino.addStep(ShellCommand(command=["pwd"],workdir= WithProperties("build/%s", 'branch'), usePTY=True)) arduino.addStep(ShellCommand(command=["ls", "-l"],workdir= WithProperties("build/%s", 'branch'),usePTY=True)) arduino.addStep(ShellCommand(command=["trunk/build.sh"],workdir= WithProperties("build/%s", 'branch'), usePTY=True))
Saturday, 28 April 2012
I located a a nice little utility called Anjedi.It allows for checkout, editing and commit back.
I found that it did not support the way I had setup Apache + SVN on the server.
Found a few changes and now it works.
If you want to place projects on the server and have write access I can set it up under this configuration :)
Sunday, 22 April 2012
Any changes can be posted back as a comment to the blog and I will incorporate them for you :)
Sunday, 4 March 2012
place at work where I can start to commit a bit more time back into a
My plan is to start to look at the whole scenery generation again with
Flightgear. I wish to start using more and more shapefile data to build
One of the first things will be to pull the contour layers out of the
shape file and use than as they are more "organic" than what can be
achieved with SRTM data.
SRTM is ok for any North American location but down here in Oz its just
not of high enough quality. I also find that it lacks due to its grided